To be eligible for the 2021 GCRSEF:
WHO MAY ENTER:
- GRADES AND SCHOOLS: Students in grades 6 – 12 may enter if attending a school in one of the 15 counties listed below. This includes all schools, public and private, and any home-schooled students who reside in the counties of: Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Orange, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Ulster, Warren, and Washington.
- TEACHER SPONSORSHIP: Every student must have a teacher sponsor in the school where he/she is enrolled. Parents/guardians, friends, or any other adult mentor cannot be a teacher sponsor unless the student is home-schooled. HOWEVER, any qualified adult may act as a research mentor for the student. The adult sponsor is the person who is directly involved with the student and his/her research and may be a parent. The adult sponsor is responsible for the safety of the student at all times.
- PRIOR APPROVAL: Participants working on projects dealing with human subjects (including surveys), vertebrates, potentially hazardous biological agents and controlled substances must have prior approval. These projects must submit SRC/IRB Regional Form B.
- STUDENTS MUST DO ALL WORK: Sponsors may help in planning and advising, but parents, teachers, or friends may not actually design, conduct, or build the project. Abuses of this rule will result in disqualification. All students are expected to be able to answer questions regarding the design and development of every phase of their project.
- A student may not display a group project from a previous competition as an individual project.
- A research project that is a new phase of a previously entered project must include a copy of Continuation Form 7, of ISEF rules for 2021.
- Borrowed or purchased displays or collections are not permitted. All collections must have a label describing how, where, and when they were assembled and must be protected by safety glass or screen.
- CONTENTS OF EXHIBITS: After student registration closes on January 24, 2023, students will be sent a project number and link to upload presentation materials March 7-15, 2023